By Chard Development
Vivid at the Yates is a 20-storey, 135-unit below-market condominium tower situated along the 800-block of Johnson Street in downtown Victoria. This was a partnership between Chard Development & BC Housing to primarily facilitate first-time buyers’ access into today’s market.
Original prices ranged from: $275,000 – $550,000
View the full details: vividattheyates.com
Urban, stylish and on the move.
Chard Development has long understood the potential of this neighbourhood. Throughout our fifteen years of building quality homes in this area we’ve shaped a new epicentre of energy downtown. Vivid at the Yates puts you right where you want to be at the centre of this thriving downtown neighbourhood.
From world-class restaurants to the hippest coffee joint in the city, you’ve got your pick of places to gather. Zip through the mid-block walkway to pick up your prescriptions and groceries on Yates, share a laugh over a local craft beer, or just put your feet up on the balcony and watch the bustle go by. It’s so alive here. So Vivid.
A Chard-quality addition to
From its soaring architecture to the ground-level retail, Vivid adds vibrancy and grace to your street. True Chard quality is reflected in Vivid’s details: the uncluttered aesthetic of the exterior, the common rooftop BBQ lounge, the mid-block walkway connecting you to Yates. This home is a source of pride.
Sleek, space-savvy and simple:
Vivid style awaits.
Intuitive and solidly designed, Vivid’s interiors reflect Chard’s approach to building quality homes. Simple, stylish materials maximize the sense of space and enhance livability: stainless appliances; wood-look vinyl flooring; sleek lighting and hardware. Modern, functional and designed with your downtown lifestyle in mind.
We believe in downtown Victoria
— and it shows.
We are Chard: an experienced team with a reputation for hands-on, quality craftsmanship. We are developers of relationships, kickstarters of community, builders of — and believers in — a downtown Victoria where there is room for everyone. Founded by West Coast real estate developer Dave Chard in 1994, we’re small enough to remember all the details, and big enough to shape a city.
Over the past fifteen years, we have revitalized Victoria’s downtown with functional, gracious and architecturally distinctive projects, building community and delivering on our vision of a city that promises an exciting, energetic urban lifestyle. Unique in its offering but Chard in its pedigree, Vivid is our ninth project in Victoria.
- A gated mid-block walkway provides a direct connection to Yates Street.
- Ground level retail spaces add vibrancy to the street.
- A common rooftop terrace with dual gas BBQs, comfortable lounge areas and urban agriculture offers breathtaking views in all directions.
- Architectural form and finishes are designed specifically to enhance the streetscape by layering the density of the building toward the ground.
- A dark brick façade fades to lighter, more reflective materials above, creating an uncluttered aesthetic and a sense of the building fading into the sky.
- Over-height double doors distinguish the lobby entrance from the dynamic retail frontage.
- The recessed parkade entrance off of Johnson Street allows for a large motor court.